ABOUT PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
Program Management acts as a Central Governance tool to facilitate and manage IT, Engineering, Supply Chain and other Enterprise Project Portfolios. It has the purpose of acting as a foundation to develop and communicate standard processes in assessment, selection and prioritization of projects. This is done in a manner that aligns with enterprise strategy and product evolution.
• Ensure successful, on-time, on-budget and quality execution of all IT projects under the governance of the PMO.
• Define and lead the identification and development of PMO roles, team organization, process, architecture and technologies to deliver the Program Management Office Mission.
• Demonstrate PMO’s continuous alignment with strategic corporate objectives.
• Establish reporting process and procedures to catalog and simultaneously monitor projects’ overall progress, resolve issues and initiate corrective actions as needed.
• Facilitate Gate Model reviews with key sponsors and stakeholders to ensure required business justifications and metrics are defined and positioned to support project approvals, funding and resource assignments.
• Apply knowledge-based management principles to position technology, furthering business objectives.
• Organize, monitor and communicate inter-dependencies between projects.
• Support project team throughout the project life cycle to ensure utilization of best practices such as framework, tools, templates and applicable methodologies (i.e. Rapid Design Prototyping, Waterfall, and Agile). This warrants consistent and effective maximization of ROI and value delivery.
• Change management and risk mitigation throughout project life cycles of launching live and stabilizing production.
• Provide ongoing training and development of Program and Project Management Staff.
• Facilitate critical workshops to assess cultural challenges and remove inhibitions for change and empowerment.
• Influencing improved outcomes.
• Leverage lessons learned to drive repeatable success.